After looking over the rest of the blogs I chose Karla's last picture of a driveway covered by leaves and branches. I picked this picture because it has very good line, color, and mass. The lines of the driveway lead you up to the what I'm assuming is the garage door of a house; but because the of the mass amount of leaves and bushes covering the house it makes the background hard to see with lets the mind interpret what we are seeing. To me it looks like a secret doorway and caught my attention as soon as i scrolled down to the picture. the overwhelming amount of green foliage in the picture really pops and gives you many dimensions of green. This picture is simply just someone's driveway but the way in which this was photographed really changes the way someone looks at this picture.
Sonjia's last picture titled Dead But Alive really interested me. When I first saw this picture it seemed simple and perfect and ultimately beautiful. The color was just radiant and crisp and clear, the color seemed to jump off the page and showed the detail of the flower and the leaves so well. In terms of ikebana, I believe detail and flowers being radiant is very important. When I scrolled down and read her description I was shocked to read this is was a fake flower on fake leaves. I thought how could this flower be so perfect to almost being too perfect. It really stood out to me when she said this is representing something that is alive and that is real, but yet it is very much dead or fake. And that I think was our number one concern with the ikebana demonstration, because they were suppose to represent life by plucking flowers and killing them to put it bluntly.
Both pictures I found to demonstrate line, color, and mass extremely well. They both used the techniques that ikebana said for and that is why I choose these two photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment