Monday, November 15, 2010
Final On Campus Event- African Art Gallery.
For my final event I choose to go to the African Art Gallery featured in the Woodland Art Gallery. I found all of the pieces very unique and interesting. The gallery had many different masks that represented ranking in African tribes, and each one was pieced together differently to convey a different type of rank and effect.Some of these pieces of art work are used as shrines or are carved from mainly wood and are meant to be honored as a symbol of someone or something. Another thing that the gallery had a lot of were small statues/ figurines; there were various ones that represented different themes, one theme was Women and Fertility, another was about symmetry and almost all items had some type of human representation portrayed in the art. My favorite piece that was in the art show was the Queen Mother and Child by Ghana Fante. I really loved that almost all the pieces were carved out of wood and each had a special representations of something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment