Stephy and Jenna's video "Women in China," was a very strong and powerful video. The message in their film was to show the progress of women gaining respect in China through time. It shows how China has changed to perceive women as equal (or superior) to men, which is completely different than the beginning times in China. The way in which the film makers did this was by using a lot of text to tell the story. By them mainly using words to tell us the story and incorporating some images, it was a visual representation of what the text was saying. The elements in this film that I think worked extremely well were the old images that they began with and they slowly progressing toward modern images and finally into film and video. Another thing that worked really well was the filters that they used. They used soft edges and different color correctors to enhance the effect of the movie. My favorite thing about the film that worked very well was the background music. I thought the music was very subtle and elegant, but tied the whole movie between the old China times and the modern times. If they were to continue to working on film, I think that if the entire film was in black and white and the words were in red (or another powerful color) I think would have made the film much stronger. The timing of the text was short at some points and longer at others; sometimes the longer text went by too fast and the shorter text was up for too longer. I think that just some cleaner editing would have enhance the film also. Overall, this was my favorite film of all of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment